woensdag 15 december 2010

Facts about the Top 80 albums 2010


So Today All the four parts of my top 80 albums of 2010 are posted (with Joanna Newsom's Have One On Me as winner!). Since I'm a fan of statistics, I'd like to bore you with some about my top!
In the end, this will prove that my top is scientifically correct.

A. The best albums come from:


1. USA: 31,5*
2. UK: 19,5*
3. Canada: 7
4. Sweden: 4
5. France: 3
6. Australia: 3
7. Germany: 3
8. Belgium: 2
9. Danmark: 1
10. Iceland: 1
11. Finland: 1
12. Portugal: 1
13. Russia: 1
14. Norwidge: 1
15. Spain: 1

(* Antony And The Johnsons is based in New York but Antony is British.)


So The USA wins, but in the top 10:

1. Canada: 4
2. USA: 4
3. Danmark: 1
4. UK: 1

Canada wins cause it's artists are generally higher rated.

OR we can see it as a battle of the parts of the world:


1. Europe: 39,5
2. North-America: 38,5
3. Oceania: 2

I'm apparently discriminating some parts of the world...oh well. Europe prevails!

B. The best genre is:


1. Electro (synths/electro-disco/electro-pop/ Dance/ IDM): 29
2. Indie Rock (Math-rock/ Surf Rock/ Psychedelic): 19
3. Indie Pop (Chambre pop/Lo-Fi/Singer-Songwriter/ Baroque pop/ Psychedelic): 14
4. Shoegaze (dream pop): 9
5. Folk (country/americana): 6
6. Hip Hop (R&B/ Rap/ Lof-fi): 2
7. Witch House: 1

Maybe I defined electro a bit too wide. But even if you put Shoegaze under Indie rock it doesn't win...

C. Battle Of The Sexes.

Are the artists / do the bands consist of: 'men', 'women' or are they 'mixed'?


1. Men: 54
2. Mixed: 17
3. Women: 9

That's pretty disturbing isn't it?

Hereby I declare my Top 80 as a scientific fact.

Dear God I should really stop waisting my time on useless things.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten