donderdag 8 april 2010

Subiza


Although I read some negative critics about the new Delorean album I decided to purchase it anyway. And I'm quite happy I've done so.

Subiza is the 3rd album of this Spanish band. It will be released worldwide on 8 June 2010.
Delorean was formed in Basque Country, but these days it's based in Barcelona (unless their MySpace is lying).
If you're not familiar with their music, allow me to compare them with Air France, MillionYoung and Toro Y Moi. You could describe their style as a electronic version of Animal Collective with a chill-wave edge.

Anyhow, it's a great band and I'm in love with their bright electro-sound à la méthode française (it really reminds me of the musicians who're part of Valerie, the awesome French electro collective).

Subiza consists of 9 tracks, they all are formed on the same principle of chill-wave electro with great synths. But really I don't get bored of it. On the contrary, I find all the songs very pleasant and I hear enough variation to amuse myself. It's truly excellent material for a sunny summer day, their fantastic synths radiate warmth into my ears.
And also the singing is quite nice, kind of Animal Collective/Phoenix-like.
My favourite track is the wild Infinite Desert, brilliant vocals and beats!

Anyhow I would recommend Subiza, it might not amaze you much but it's certainly a decent and beautiful LP.

Tracklist:

01. Stay Close [04:31]
02. Real Love [06:06]
03. Endless Sunset [04:26]
04. Grow [04:41]
05. Simple Graces [04:17]
06. Infinite Desert [04:52]
07. Come Wander [04:20]
08. Warmer Places [04:48]
09. It's All Ours [04:32]


Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten